Fall Into The Season With Style
By: Hailey Sands
As Fashion Week 2014 wraps up, we can begin wrapping ourselves up in oversized coats, fur, and silk scarfs. Thumbing through the pages of this month’s edition of VOGUE one can’t help but notice these trends that are hitting the pages and the runway in, well, a big way.
First, coats were all over the pages. And these aren’t you mother’s fall coats, these coats are seemingly fit for the most stylish of giants. Seriously, these guys are full of volume and could possibly act as a shelter if stranded in the wilderness. These lofty coats will be perfect for the post Thanksgiving “food baby” and pre Black Friday shopping trek to the mall. Our favorite designers like Calvin Klein, McQueen, and Rochas have all been going big with their coats this season. And after looking at the Rochas daisy print opera coat, I’m onboard with this in an even bigger way.
We’re also seeing fur shake its way back into the scene being used on coats, collars and accessories. And these furs are demanding to be seen with their wild prints and bold colors. Designers like Louis Vuitton, Marni Arctic, Gucci, and Chloé are all playing their hand in furs. Ranging from traditional animal prints, patchwork, and bold colors these fierce furs will steal the show and your heart.
Now, it’s nothing new to see scarfs being done during the fall. But this season we’re being reintroduced to scarves as the new “it” jewelry item. The “Fit to be Tied” editorial in this month’s Vogue predict that the silk scarf will, “work just as fantastically with the new season’s deep-V sweaters as it will with a gossamer evening gown.” These silky beauties are popping up with pops of colors and fun prints from designers like Marc Jacobs, Alexander Wang, and Prada With both function and style you can bet that your neck will be looking fabulous, classy, and cozy this fall.
In my opinion, fall is the best season of them all, especially when it comes to fashion. After seeing these looks emerging off and on the runway, I have a feeling this fall is going to be especially great. So get yourself a pumpkin spice late, a pair of Karen Walker sunglasses, and make sure to be on top of these fierce new trends!
- Aquilano Rimondi Patchwork Intarsia Mink Coat. (n.d.). In Moda Operandi . Retrieved September 10, 2014, from http://modaoperandi.com/aquilanorimondi-fw14/patchwork-intarsia-mink-coat
- Chloé Oversized Fur Coat. (n.d.). In Farfetch. Retrieved September 10, 2014, from http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/item10777802.aspx
- Elwick-Bates, E. (2014, September). Fit to be Tied [Editorial]. Vogue, 657-658.
- Misako Gledhill, V. (n.d.). Must-have Fall Accessory: Prada’s Skinny Scarf. In NY Magazine . Retrieved September 10, 2014, from http://nymag.com/thecut/2014/07/must-have-fall-accessory-pradas-skinny-scarf.html
- PAISLEY PRINT SILK ASCOT. (n.d.). In Alexander Wang. Retrieved September 10, 2014, from http://www.alexanderwang.com/us/shop/women/tops-top-paisley-print-silk-ascot_cod37599545uf.html
- Sim, D. (2014, September). Belle Fleur [Editorial]. Vogue, 731-735.
- Womens Fall 2014 Collection. (n.d.). In Alexander McQueen. Retrieved September 10, 2014, from http://www.alexandermcqueen.com/experience/en/alexandermcqueen/archive/alexander-mcqueen-womens-autumnwinter-2014/alexander-mcqueen-womens-autumnwinter-2014/